I’ve already gone through a bunch of recipes, some of my favorites being the pita bread and the focaccia but it’s time I get back to the basics and what’s more important than knowing how to make an easy white bread recipe?
You definitely know it’s going to be easy because I’m not an expert in baking, I’m still learning as I go. I’m a total beginner and I still succeeded in making a delicious loaf every single time.
For a few years, I’ve used a bread maker. And I still use my machine daily. However, since I made this blog, I’ve also started baking in a traditional oven.
So, if you want a really easy white bread recipe here’s what you need to know:
- 1 cup room-temperature water,
- 1 or 2 teaspoons salt,
- 2 teaspoons dry active yeast,
- 3 cups white bread flour.
These are the basic ingredients you need for this easy white bread recipe. I also add about two tablespoons of olive oil. If you don’t have any, you can skip it or you can use vegetable oil instead.
Even without any oil, it’s still going to be delicious.
1. In a small bowl add the water, yeast and stir them a little. Let the mix until the yeast dissolves, for about 10 minutes. In a large bowl add the flour and the salt and the oil. Mix them a bit and pour the yeast mix. Take a spoon and mix all the ingredients until you get a homogeneous mix. Or you can use your hands, it will be fun but a little dirty.
2. Knead the dough for about 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Get your baking tray, put some baking paper (optional), and place the dough. Shape it however you want your bread to look like, in my case I made an oval shaped bread. It may look small at first but it will rise and double in size.
4. Cover the dough with a towel and let it rise for up to 2 hours at room temperature or until it has doubled in size.
5. Once it has risen, score the dough with a knife.
6. Bake it for 30 minutes or until golden brown at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Adding the ingredients
Here you have the flour with the salt the olive oil and the water with the dissolved yeast. Such simple ingredients can create such an amazing product, it’s quite amazing. And so easy.
Placing the dough in a baking pan
After kneading the dough for about 10 minutes, I shaped it in a round ball and placed in the baking tray.
You can shape it however you want and you can even use a bread baking pan. They have a special shape but it’s fine if you don’t have one in the kitchen, just use a regular baking tray.
After 2 hours that small ball of dough will double in size. Don’t forget to score it with a knife after the dough has risen, before placing it in the oven. It will make the bread look great.
Preheat the oven and after 30 minutes of baking this is what you will get. Doesn’t it look appetizing? Trust me, it’s really good.
It’s a simple bread recipe that you can make whenever you feel like it. The good thing is that it doesn’t require any special skills, after all I’m a bread newbie when it comes to oven baking.
Let it cool for 30 minutes before cutting into it.
That’s pretty much it,a delicious yet basic white bread recipe that you can do at home.
Hope you give it a try and do let me know in the comments bellow how it went.